For most of us Food and Entertainment is not a tax deductible expense however in some cases it is.
- If you provide entertainment for staff or clients, some of these business entertainment expenses are tax deductible.
- Some examples of fully deductible entertainment expenses are food and drink:
- while travelling on business
- at promotions open to the public
- at certain conferences.
- Some other entertainment expenses are only 50% deductible. See the IRD’s booklet Entertainment expenses (IR268) for more information.
- To support your claims for business entertainment expenses you should keep invoices and receipts.